Spiced Pavlova with Roasted Fruits
27 Mar 2017
This mouth watering My Kitchen Rules recipe is perfect for the cooler months. The delicious roasted fruit and hints of nutmeg give this pavlova recipe the perfect autumn inspired twist. Why not try your hand at this My Kitchen Rules masterpiece, today!
Prep 20mins (+ cooling time) Cooking 45mins Serves 4
200g mascarpone Small mint leaves, to serve
2 Coles Australian Free Range Egg whites
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
Large pinch each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
500g fresh mixed berries
2 firm ripe nectarines, stoned, cut into wedges
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
1 orange, zested, juiced
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the pavlovas, use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, whisking until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar dissolves. Fold in the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Spoon the meringue to form four mounds on the prepared tray. Bake for 25 mins.
- Turn off oven. Allow to cool completely with the door ajar.
- To make the roasted fruit, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Arrange the mixed berries and nectarine in a baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar, vanilla bean seeds, orange juice and orange zest. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until fruit is tender and releases it’s juices.
- Place each meringue on a serving plate. Top with mascarpone and roasted fruit. Decorate with mint and drizzle with any pan juices to serve.