White Christmas Slice
13 Dec 2016
So there’s zero chance of snow and Santa’s sweating in his big red suit under the hot Aussie sun. You can still have a kind-of-white Christmas—you just need to add this delicious white slice to your Christmas day buffet!
Traditionally, White Christmas is a slice made with dried fruit, nuts, and glacé cherries. But we think it’s even better when you add Christmas-coloured lollies and marshmallows! A white chocolate base means it’s a perfectly sweet way to end any meal, but it also makes a fantastic present for teachers and friends when packaged up.
Recipe: White Christmas
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 500g white chocolate
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup red and green jelly snakes
- 1 cup marshmallows
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup macadamias
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered milk
- 250g Copha
- Chop the jelly snakes, marshmallows and macadamias to your desired size, and combine them in a large bowl.
- Add the puffed rice, milk powder and coconut, and mix.
- If you have chocolate blocks, break them into pieces and put them into a metal bowl. Add the copha and vanilla, and melt the chocolate over a pot of boiling water until it’s smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together. Add extra ingredients to taste.
- Press the mixture into a slice pan and place it in the refrigerator or freezer until solid.
- Cut the slice into squares and serve!
Tips and Tricks
- Run your knife under hot water to make cutting easier.
- Wrap a couple of pieces in a clear cellophane bag and tie it with festive ribbon for the perfect DIY Christmas gift!
- Coconut oil can be used as a healthy substitute for Copha, but it may cause the chocolate to melt faster.
- You can mix and match the ingredients to suit your taste—try dried cranberries and pistachios instead of lollies for a more sophisticated flavour.
- To make the slice even more festive, press the mixture into Christmas-themed moulds before chilling. Stars, Christmas trees and snowflakes all look fantastic!
Festive, sweet and delicious… the holidays are a time of indulgence, and this White Christmas recipe is sure to be a hit at any gathering. The best thing is that you can also make it ahead of time, and freeze it for weeks without losing any of the flavour—this means you will always be prepared for any last-minute functions or family members that randomly drop by. Just make sure to let it thaw a little before serving!
If you’re looking for even more Christmas dessert inspiration, make sure to check out our Christmas pudding trifles. And don’t forget to make the Christmas wash-up a breeze with some Finish Quantum Max.