14 Mar 2016
MKR contestants have to make the most delicious, awe inspiring dishes under pressure and in no time at all. With this delish MKR Baked Vanilla Cheesecake you’ve the special luxury of being able to take your time and get it just right. You can, if you like double the guilty pleasure & not tell anyone it’s not your own recipe! Enjoy, your time starts now!
Recipe: Baked Vanilla Cheesecake Prep: 20 mins (+4 hours chilling) Cook: 45 minutes Serves: 10
250g butternut snap biscuits 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon 500g cream cheese, at room temperature 2 tbs plain flour 1⁄4 tsp salt 270g caster sugar 125g sour cream 1 tbs vanilla extract 3 eggs, at room temperature Mixed fresh berries, to serve
3 cups frozen raspberries 75g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease a 20cm round springform cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
2. Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add cinnamon and butter, then process until mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press over base and 4cm up the side. Refrigerate until required.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Beat in sugar, sour cream and vanilla until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Pour mixture into pan over biscuit base.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set, but still has a slight wobble in the centre. Turn off oven and open door about 10cm. Cool cheesecake in oven, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
6. To make raspberry sauce, mash raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until soft and broken down. Pass through a fine sieve. Refrigerate until cold.
7. Slice cheesecake and place on serving plates. Top with berries and spoon over sauce to serve.